Yoga: Ancient Technology – Modern Twists
Oh Yoga! We love it at Bliss. One of the things that we are happily KNOWN for in our commUNITY is the variety of yoga styles we have at bliss. We encourage students to take as many of our classes as possible. Explore styles and teachers. Students often call in wanting to know more about yoga. Here is some information about yoga and our class approach.
You will probably find that no matter which class you come to, it will be “Just what you needed”
Every class can be considered beginner friendly (if you follow the golden rule to “listen to your body”!). Likewise, the beginner level and gentle classes are just as effective for the experienced yogi. We encourage you to come to ALL classes that fit your schedule. Each teacher offers you a unique experience and your practice gets better the more yoga that you do.
Our classes are walk in friendly. You can purchase a walk in class or class package or yoga membership before or after class. Membership packages are designed for that month’s use. Packages are good for 1 year. Pass sharing is NOT possible.
Vinyasa styles (can be a faster flow between poses):
Some classes will flow faster than others and typically have the word vinyasa in the title. Ashtanga tends to have a faster pace but the poses never change and you can really chart your progress in technical ability with this class. Classes with the word flow in the title can also means that a traditional series like the sun salute is built into the class but slower aspects are also part of the class. In general all Vinyasa or flow classes are going to have folds, twists, along with standing and seated postures.
- Good Morning Vinyasa: Thursday at 9:30am
- Hot Vinyasa Yoga: Saturday / Sunday at 9AMm and Thursdays at 5:30PM
- Ashtanga: Monday at 5:30PM
- Mindful Movement: Some Saturdays at 11AM, Tuesdays at 5:30PM
- Yoga Lunch Express: Tuesday and Thursday and Friday at 12PM
- Evening Yoga: Tuesdays at 6PM
- Bliss Flow: Fridays at 9AM
Gentle styles (generally a slower flow or longer holds):
Some classes will have you hold poses longer. When the title has the word “gentle” in it, you know that it is designed to go slower and will be easier on the body parts that typically have had a lot of wear and tear (knees, ankles, wrists). Some classes like Chakra Yoga or Bliss Flow will have more chanting built in to the class. When the word Beginners in the class, know that the focus is on using every day terminology (vs. sanscrit names) for poses. Getting the student prepared for any class is the focus. Come to class, try it out or read the class description before attending.
- Gentle Yoga: Monday at 9AM, Tuesday at 9:30AM
- Chakra Yoga: Wednesday at 9AM
- Bliss Flow: Friday at 9:30AM
- Yoga for Beginners: Wednesday at 6:30PM
Pregnancy and Post Pregnancy:
Not every pose is going to feel good when pregnant or postpartum. Some poses will support you all the way through labor, delivery and recovery.
- Bliss Mama Prenatal Yoga Tuesday at 9:30AM and Thursdays at 6PM
- Bliss Mama & Baby Yoga – Once a month. Please check online calendar.
SLOW WAY Down Styles:
The slowest paced classes are yin and restorative yoga. These classes use bolsters, pillows, blankets and props. Most all the poses are on the floor and poses can be challenging as the require total mindfulness and conscious relaxation. Something that can be hard for most humans these days.
- Yin to Restore Monday at 6:30PM, Wednesday at 12PM, Some Saturdays at 11AM
- Restorative Yoga: Sunday at 3:30PM
- Candle Light Yin: Select Sundays following sunset times. Check online
The hot classes use full spectrum infrared heat (it’s a dry heat). These are taught in a vinyasa flow style with focus on a balanced series of postures. You work up a sweat and our heated room helps limber up.
- Hot Vinyasa Saturday / Sunday at 9AM, Thursday at 5:30PM
We love kids at bliss! They will need their own pass and of course get student rates. Be sure to read the class description as some age groups need an parent/guardian present.
- Tiny Trees Friday at 10AM, Monday at 5:30PM
- Yoga Starz Check Calendar for Special Class
Be sure to read class descriptions here and talk to us about what you are looking for. Note that some classes are not held weekly or times change seasonally, or are shared between teachers. We often offer specialized yoga workshops. Check online schedule.
Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self.
We know you will find at least 3 you LOVE!